Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to Blogger

Now I am back at the beginning. It's a tad ironic that I stopped using blogger because my parents couldn't view it in Asia. Now I live in Asia and it's working, while my other site which should always work, won't load properly. So I'll try this. First of all I apologize for changing sites so frequently! I would have gone back to googlepages but it is still blocked here. The following is what i tried to post on my other site.

Above is Kaitlyn saying “Rut!” and below are the lyrics to the song that Jenny sang yesterday.

“Seize the Day”
by Carolyn Arends; rewritten by Jenny Litfin in loving memory of Ruth Shorey

I know a woman – a wife and a mother,
She lived out God’s Word, “Let us love one another.”
She followed God’s call, to a land far away,
Half her kids in the States; trusted God for each day.
She smiled through the pain, most every day,
And if you would ask, she would say,

(Chorus) Seize the day, Seize whatever you can,
Cause life slips away, just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray, for grace from God’s hand,
Then nothing will stand in your way, Seize the day.
Lai de dai de dai Lai de dai de dai da dai
Lai de dai de dai Lai de dai de dai da dai

Now Ruth was a teacher, she loved every child,
Was reluctant to leave, though her case was not mild.
She shared all she had, a joy she possessed,
Touched each of our lives, now through her we’ve been blessed.
She smiled through the pain, most every day,
And if you would ask, she would say,
Chorus
A Servant of God, a Child of the King,
To the One she loved most, His praises, she’d sing,
Ruth and Kevin prayed together, husband and wife,
As their hearts joined in prayer, she passed on from this life.
Now she smiles without pain, with the Lord every day,
In my heart I can still hear her say,
Chorus

No comments: